Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten Information
Your child's first experiences at school are important to you. And they are important to us, too.
We are excited to have your child participate in our transitional kindergarten and/or kindergarten programs!
What is transitional kindergarten (TK)?
TK is a program that readies a child for a full-day kindergarten experience. Through engaging and active learning, students discover the wonder of God's world and practice the skills that are essential to their academic journey. TK provides the gift of time for a child to:
- absorb what is being taught and express their own ideas
- learn more about building friendships
- develop independence
- examine the world around them and be engaged in God's world
- grow in confidence and maturity
- develop early skills in gross and fine motor abilities, language, literacy, and math
- prepare academically and socially for kindergarten
TK meets from 8:05-11:00 AM or 12:00-3:05 PM Monday-Thursday (2:00 PM dismissal on Wednesdays).
A child must be 5 years old by September 15 to enroll in TK.
What is kindergarten (K)?
Kindergarten is an exciting step into the world of full-day Christian education. Through intriguing classroom activities, your child will gain knowledge, confidence, and an appreciation of God's sovereignty in all they learn. Kindergarten lays the foundation for learning by:
- providing hands-on experiences that engage each sense God has provided
- immersing them in reading and writing through enjoyable and level-appropriate books and activities
- working in a classroom environment that encourages listening, sharing, kindness, and respect
- revealing God's order and design in every area they study - from decoding words to animals to Bible lessons to art projects to music
Kindergarten meets from 8:05 AM-3:05 PM Monday-Thursday (2:00 PM dismissal on Wednesdays).
A child must be 5 years old by September 15 to enroll in K.
Did You Know?
Our transitional kindergarten students attend school Monday-Thursday for a morning or afternoon session.
Kindergarten students attend school all day Monday-Thursday.
Check out the TK/K brochure by clicking here.