Sioux Center Christian School has a rich history of serving the Lord. Established in 1905, the school has educated students from a Reformed perspective for over 100 years and continues to do so today.
A dedicated faculty, staff, and board enjoy working with His covenant children, fulfilling the mission to disciple God's children by equipping them with a knowledge and understanding of Christ and His creation so that they can obediently serve God and others as they work and play.
If you feel called to be a part of the ministry here at SCCS, we look forward to discussing with you what God is doing through Sioux Center Christian School.
Faculty and Administrative Positions Currently Available
If you wish to apply for faculty positions, please submit the SCCS Faculty Application (located to the right) with all required materials to Josh Bowar, Head of School.
PART-TIME ART TEACHER: Sioux Center Christian School invites you to consider the opportunity to work with a dedicated faculty and staff, passionate parents, and fantastic students through the position of 3rd and 4th grade art teacher. The ideal candidate loves God, loves kids, and loves learning.
You will partner with the current 5th-8th grade art teacher and be responsible for fulfilling the following:
- Instill a love of God’s creation, design, and beauty in grades 3-4 students
- Teach art classes for 3rd and 4th graders (3 sections of each grade level for a total of 6 sections), with each section meeting once weekly
- Work with school leaders to develop an art curriculum that meets state and national standards
- Partner with classroom teachers in the development of art curriculum
- Provide opportunities for students to develop skills in art and to display their art for real audiences
- Provide opportunities for students to do real work for real people with real needs using the Teaching for Transformation framework
The art position is considered 0.2 FTE and can be combined with other potential positions at SCCS to make a full-time position. The intention of this position is to increase FTE over the course of 1-2 years, eventually teaching K-4 art.
You will be joining a team filled with people who love to collaborate, love to fulfill the school’s mission statement, love to work with students, and love to keep growing. Applicants should be endorsed to teach elementary art in Iowa and should be familiar with the Teaching for Transformation and Response to Intervention frameworks or the willingness to learn. Interested applicants should complete the faculty application package, located at https://www.siouxcenterchristian.com/about/employment.cfm, and send to Josh Bowar, head of school, at firstname.lastname@example.org with all required materials. A review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Staff Positions Currently Available
If you wish to apply for staff positions, please submit the SCCS Staff Application (located to the right) with all required materials to Josh Bowar, Head of School.
- BUS DRIVERS (any combination of route or activity bus driving): The school will pay for all expenses related to securing a license and/or training costs.
SCCS Employment Materials
Download a copy of the Faculty Application Package (PDF).
Download a copy of the Faculty Application Package (MS Word).
Download a copy of the Staff Application (PDF).
Download a copy of the Staff Application (MS Word).
Download a copy of the Part- time Custodial Work Application for high school or college students (PDF).
Download a copy of the Part- time Custodial Work Application for high school or college students (MS Word).
Read Sioux Center Christian School's Philosophy of Education.