Sioux Center Christian School has a rich history of serving the Lord. Established in 1905, the school has educated students from a Reformed perspective for over 100 years and continues to do so today.
A dedicated faculty, staff, and board enjoy working with His covenant children, fulfilling the mission to disciple God's children by equipping them with a knowledge and understanding of Christ and His creation so that they can obediently serve God and others as they work and play.
If you feel called to be a part of the ministry here at SCCS, we look forward to discussing with you what God is doing through Sioux Center Christian School.
Faculty and Administrative Positions Currently Available
If you wish to apply for faculty positions, please submit the SCCS Faculty Application (located to the right) with all required materials to Josh Bowar, Head of School.
MUSIC TEACHER OPENING: We are excited to share that Sioux Center Christian School has been selected to participate in a pilot program with Faith Formation Ministries of the Christian Reformed Church. Next year, Mrs. Jill Friend will be spending part of her time focused on growing and implementing our school storyline, chapel, and connection group activities and will also be working on helping the school make stronger connections with homes and churches. This pilot is being partially financially supported through the CRC denomination.
As a result, SCCS is seeking to fill a part-time music teacher position that will cover some of Mrs. Friend’s responsibilities. This position would involve teaching vocal music, music appreciation, and music exploratory classes to grades 5-8 for approximately 4-6 hours (6 periods and some practice times) each week. The person hired will assist with the choirs, teach music fundamentals, and instruct classroom instrument ensembles such as drumming, ukulele, and guitar. A review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Staff Positions Currently Available
If you wish to apply for staff positions, please submit the SCCS Staff Application or Part-time Custodial Application (located to the right) with all required materials to Josh Bowar, Head of School.
- Paraprofessional: Full-time for grades 5-8, carrying out academic plans. Click here for more information.
- Paraprofessional: Part-time for grades 5-8 (20 hours/week), carrying out academic plans). Click here for more information.
- Paraprofessional: Part-time one-to-one support for a kindergarten student (30 hours/week). Click here for more information.
- Summer Custodial Crew: Are you 15 or older? Come join us on the summer crew at SCCS. Summer crew will start June 3 and work through Aug. 9. Hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am - noon. Contact Eileen Buiter at 712-578-8624 for more information.
- Bus Drivers (any combination of route or activity bus driving): The school will pay for all expenses related to securing a license and/or training costs.
SCCS Employment Materials
Download a copy of the Faculty Application Package (PDF).
Download a copy of the Faculty Application Package (MS Word).
Download a copy of the Staff Application (PDF).
Download a copy of the Staff Application (MS Word).
Download a copy of the Part- time Custodial Work Application for high school or college students (PDF).
Download a copy of the Part- time Custodial Work Application for high school or college students (MS Word).
Read Sioux Center Christian School's Philosophy of Education.