Tuition Grants: SCCS Tuition Grant Fund and Northwest Iowa Christian Schools Tuition Organization (NICSTO)
We are excited to share that we have updated our tuition grant process, with the updated process providing a more holistic and equitable picture of a family’s need for tuition grants so that our finance team can make more accurate award decisions. When families have financial need, we want to help with tuition grants. Our desire is to have Christian education as accessible as possible for as many families as possible.
We are moving to using an online 3rd party provider in order to keep your financial information as confidential as possible and to improve our process. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, a company that serves Christian schools nationwide, will be conducting the financial need analysis for SCCS for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. Families applying for tuition grants will need to complete an application and submit the necessary supporting documentation to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by August 31, 2021.
NOTE: The same application will be used for both NICSTO and requests from the SCCS tuition grant fund. If you would like to be considered for either NICSTO or SCCS tuition grants or both, please complete the online form.
The following supporting documents are required to complete the application process:
- IRS Federal Income Tax Return, including all supporting schedules. If an applicant and co-applicant file separately, FACTS requires both tax returns for the same tax year.
- Copies of all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements for both the applicant and co-applicant.
NOTE: If you are applying before you have received all the current year W-2 Wage and Tax Statements, please submit them as soon as they become available.
- Copies of all supporting tax documents if you have business income/loss from any of the following:
- Business - send Schedule C or C-EZ and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Farm - send Schedule F and Form 4562 Depreciation and Amortization
- Rental Property - send Schedule E (page 1)
- S-Corporation - send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1120S (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Partnership - send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1065 (5 pages), Schedule K-1 and Form 8825
- Estates and Trusts - send Schedule E (page 2), Form 1041 and Schedule K-1
Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process
(All supporting documentation can be uploaded in .pdf or .jpeg format online. All documentation received is imaged upon receipt and then destroyed):
- Copies of your 2020 Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules (2019 tax forms are OK if you don’t have your 2020 forms yet)
- Copies of supporting documentation for Social Security Income, Welfare, Child Support, Food Stamps, Workers’ Compensation, and TANF.
If you file a tax return but do not have W-2 wages because you are self-employed, you will be required to submit a copy of your current year Federal Form 1040 Tax Return. If you do not file a tax return, you are required to provide documentation of all income received.
All information shared with the 3rd party remains confidential, which is a major reason we are choosing to use a 3rd party. Please note that the 3rd party is going to be asking for much more financial information than what SCCS has asked for in the past. The intent for this process is to help the 3rd party gain a full picture of the financial need a family has, and the questions asked and information requested are intended to help families qualify for tuition grant funding that matches their need.
You may log in to your FACTS user account to review the status of your application. Please allow 2-3 weeks of processing time before inquiring further about receipt and/or status of the uploaded documents. The finance team then meets in October/November to make grant decisions, with families made aware of decisions in December. Grants are then applied in January.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866-441-4637.
Thank you for going through this process with us. We look forward to partnering with you.
To determine your eligibility for NICSTO, see this table: