Sioux Center Christian School TRIP Information
SCCS TRIP Program
Kelli Van Roekel, Coordinator
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8am – 1pm
Want to earn money for your tuition account? You can put your regular household shopping dollars to work! You earn money for your tuition account without spending any additional money! Call (or check website) for more information.
To access the online order form, click here.
TRIP Registration Form
Complete this form and bring to the TRIP office to join our TRIP program.
This document lists the cash you should purchase for each business that participates in the TRIP cash.
Frequently Asked Questions
TRIP is an acronym that stands for Tuition Reduction Incentive Program. This program is used by many Christian schools in our area and across the United States. SCCS has provided this tuition reduction opportunity since May 2004.
What is TRIP?
TRIP is a fundraising program that earns money for your (or someone else’s) tuition account. Since we are a non-profit organization, we are able to buy “scrip” (substitute money in forms of gift certificates/cards) from national and local retailers. They’re the same gift certificates that you would purchase at their stores. TRIP members buy the certificates from SCCS at full face value, redeem them for full value and SCCS passes on the discount to your tuition account. (SCCS gives 80% of the discount to your account and retains 20% for TRIP expenses.) It’s an exciting program because everyone wins! The retailer gets cash up front and repeat business, it’s a fundraising program that involves no selling, and you receive payments for your tuition account. Let your spending habits work for you at no extra cost!
The wonderful thing about the TRIP program is that you can put your regular household shopping dollars to work. You earn money for your tuition account without spending any additional money. Purchases you would make anyway on groceries, gas, meals, clothing, gifts, etc. can generate revenue for your tuition account. Families who purchase TRIP certificates from SCCS actively support the retailers who participate in the TRIP program. They know that buying from a participating TRIP retailer provides a steady source of revenue for SCCS tuition accounts.
Who can participate?
Whether you are a current SCCS family, a future SCCS family, a grandparent or a SCCS supporter, you can participate in this great program! SCCS parents receive the immediate benefit from this program while parents planning to send their child(ren) to SCCS in the future, can begin building up a fund. The future monies earned are held by the TRIP office and will be credited as a tuition payment when your child is enrolled in SCCS. Grandparents, friends and supporters of SCCS can direct their credit to any private school in the United States, or they may build up their credit for future use.
How do I join?
A registration form needs to be completed by all participants. The disclaimer section needs to be completed only if you want to allow your student to take home your order.
How do I place an order?
There are 3 ways to place an order –
1. Stop in the TRIP office any school day between 8-1 for cash & carry orders. I try to keep everything that is on the order form on hand in my inventory.
2. Use the on-line order form found at www.siouxcenterchristian.com. The order will come to me as an email and you can pay for your order when you pick it up. These orders will be filled as items are available and you will be notified when your order is completed.
3. You can now purchase eCards on your Smart Phone, or in the convenience of your own home! Go to www.shopwithscrip.com and once you have an account set up, you can start purchasing eCards! Stop in and ask Kelli, Marg or Mel for details. You can also email us for the instructions: email@example.com.
If you are unable to pick up an order during TRIP office hours, your order may be picked up in the main office at SCCS until 4:00 pm.
On your TRIP order form, select the number of individual increments desired per individual merchant. Total your order and complete the top section of the form. (Be sure to fill in your phone number!) Make checks payable to SC Christian School TRIP. All orders must be paid in full before they will be released. TRIP payments are not tax deductible because you are getting product for payment.
Friends and relatives may order for your account also or they may set up their own account and apply the credit to your account. (If you have multiple grandkids at SCCS, you can set up multiple accounts for the credit.)
It is up to your discretion how often you would like to place an order! Keep in mind that the more regular you are with certificate purchases, the more money you’ll earn!
How do I redeem my certificates?
For most TRIP cards, these may be used just like cash or check at participating businesses. Please refer to each certificate ordered to see if an expiration date has been issued. (Great website to check out - www.glscrip.com) Some certificates are issued as paper certificates and can be used just like cash or check. When using paper certificates, please make your purchase as close to the dollar amount as possible. Not all businesses will give change back. Some merchants will offer gift cards as certificates (cards that can be "swiped" at checkout) and these will carry a remaining balance. (Suggestion for a partially used gift card - wrap the receipt showing the remaining balance around the card for easy reference.)
Charge accounts at Bomgaars and Kohl’s may be paid off with TRIP cards! You must pay the account at the store. Gift cards are considered like cash and cannot be mailed for payment.
When do I receive credit to my tuition account?
TRIP credit will be applied to tuition accounts once a month. All TRIP members will receive a statement of their earnings at time of payout. All “future” family credit will be held in an account at the TRIP office until your child is enrolled at SCCS. We will email out reports monthly so you know what is in your account.
How are the discounts set?
Merchants choose the amount of their TRIP contribution. Merchants may choose to change credit percentages at their own discretion. The TRIP office will notify you as soon as possible of any changes or updates. The merchant percentage given is listed behind the store name on the order form.
What is TRIP Cash?
TRIP cash is a form of payment used by several of our businesses. We print our own “cash” in denominations of $1, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 and 500. TRIP cash is offered in three different colors (per %) – 3% ORANGE, 5% BLUE, and 10% GREEN. Each bill has a listing of businesses that will accept the cash. Keep in mind that some businesses do not give change back. These certificates cannot be redeemed for cash.
Thank you for taking the time to acquaint yourself with the details of our TRIP program. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns pertaining to TRIP, please direct them to the TRIP Coordinator, Kelli Van Roekel 722-4663.
Policies of Sioux Center Christian School TRIP
1. The TRIP program is open to families with current or future students enrolled in any private education organization in the United States to help reduce the cost of tuition.
2. Each participating family must complete a registration form.
3. Family and friends may help you with your tuition reduction by ordering certificates on your order form or by setting up their own account. If setting up their own account, they must meet requirements in #2.
4. Under the SCCS TRIP program, 80% of the certificate discounts earned will be applied to your family tuition account and 20% will go back into the TRIP account to help cover expenses incurred with running the TRIP program (staff, envelopes, printing costs, postage, etc.)
5. Parents looking to the future and planning for the Christian education of their young children may also participate. These families will be assigned an account number when they join. The monies earned will be held by the program, and will be credited to their tuition account starting when their child is enrolled in Kindergarten.
6. The percentage earned in each account will be held in the SCCS TRIP fund, credited to your tuition account monthly and will show up on your tuition statements. Monies earned can be divided between several families. Your TRIP statement of purchases and percentages earned will be distributed to you shortly thereafter. Any discrepancies must be brought to the attention of the TRIP Coordinator within 45 days of the TRIP statement date.
7. If your child(ren) will no longer attend SCCS for whatever reason, the monies held under your account can be:
a. credited to your outstanding tuition balance.
b. credited to another family’s tuition (of your choosing)
c. credited to the SCCS Tuition Assistance Fund
d. held in your account under “future” status
e. credited to your tuition account at either Unity Christian High or Western Christian High School or any other Christian School in the United States
8. Any account that is inactive for a period of three (3) years will be notified. If no activity is made on the account within thirty (30) days of the notice, the account will be deleted off of the system. If this account was a “future” account, the monies earned will be credited to the SCCS Tuition Assistance Fund. Once an account has been deleted, a new registration form must be filled out.
9. Order forms must be completed and returned with checks payable to SC Christian School TRIP. These checks are non-tax deductible because you receive dollar for dollar value. We reserve the right to change any incorrect dollar amount increments or issue a credit slip.
10. These gift certificates are just like cash. Neither Sioux Center Christian School nor the Coordinator are responsible for lost or misplaced certificates.
11. Anyone writing a N.S.F. (insufficient funds) check will incur a fee of $25.00 to be paid to the TRIP program. After two N.S.F. checks are tendered on your account, only money orders or cashier’s checks will be accepted on your account for a period of one year. After one year, personal checks will again be accepted. If there is another N.S.F. check, we will only accept money orders and cashier’s checks from then on.